So, my husband and I live a pretty quiet life in Lebanon, OH. Our big excitement happens when we hook up our vintage Airstream (“Buckminster” is a 1970 Overlander) to hit the road and woods in the spring/summer/fall. That leaves all winter for the temptation of curling up like sleeping bears when it’s dark outside and we’re kind of bored. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I decided to do a little digging this year to find some interesting date ideas to celebrate!
My criteria were simple:
- Can’t involve a movie (we do this A LOT in the winter)
- Must be $50 or less for both of us
- Is within an hour of the Cincinnati-Dayton, Ohio, area
And, here is my list of fourteen fun date night ideas in the Cincinnati-Dayton area:
- Visit Cincinnati’s Krohn Conservatory to see their spring flowers!
- Take a trip back in time to America’s Packard Museum and imagine hitting the road in one of those beautiful cars.
- Visit Buckminster’s distant cousins at the National Museum of the Air Force.
- Catch a show at The Schuster Center (depending on the show, ticket prices vary and there are some great performances out there within our budget).
- Take a creative class together at the Rosewood Arts Center.
- Take a trip to Clifton Mill for a Valentine’s breakfast of stone ground pancakes, then a long hike at Glen Helen Nature Preserve in Yellow Springs.
- Have some culinary fun (and digging through flea market vendor stalls) at Dayton’s 2nd Street Market.
- This completely blows our budget, but is something we’ve always wanted to do – take a hot air balloon ride and see our home from the air with Bella Balloons.
- Stay close to home, but step into the past with a visit to the Warren County History Center. (we were married here nearly ten years ago in March, 2007, so this would be a special memory for us J)
- Go shooting at 22Three indoor shooting range.
- Walk around our sweet hometown of Lebanon, Ohio, and have a nice lunch at The Golden Lamb in Lebanon.
- Visit the animals at The Cincinnati Zoo.
- Bundle up and take a long walk at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park in Hamilton.
- Take a stroll through the Cincinnati Art Museum or Taft Museum of Art to escape to another world.
Images via America's Packard Museum, National Museum of the Air Force and Schuster Center
Now that you’ve seen my list of 14 fun date ideas, what are your favorite ways to break out of the norm?
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Making Healthy Eating Easy as Pie!
I have to be real here for a minute: growing older can be both a wonderful thing and, at the same time, majorly frust...
Be My Valentine! Nine Free Victorian Printables
My Mom has the most amazing collection of antique Victorian and Edwardian era postcards. Here are 9 of my favorites j...
The Ancient Fire Art of Enameling
When two very different elements come together, amazing things happen. Beautiful, smooth color comes to life when gla...