FREE Tutorial: Photographing Jewelry with an iPhone
Jewelry Photography Tips
If you want to take beautiful jewelry photos but don't have the budget for a GemLightBox, here's a simple and practically free way to use your phone! (oh, legalese: I'm not an affiliate for the tools & suppliers mentioned here)
In this tutorial, you'll learn:
- How to find and use the best natural light photography for jewelry
- A simple way to make a photo background that works every time
- Ways to edit your photo with the free mobile app Lightroom
- How to save a preset in Lightroom to store your favorite settings
- Using Lightroom Presets for one-click photo editing
I use the methods in this tutorial for most of the social media and lifestyle photography on my website. For listings, I prefer using a professional setup with a Nikon D7100 for the crisp, clear photos that work best for ecommerce websites.
In the video, I discuss using presets from other authors. When I first started using Adobe Lightroom, I decided to buy the mobile presets pack by Light & Airy Photography. They are so simple to use and are my typical go-to settings for jewelry photography in my studio. I am not an affiliate, just a major fan. You can find them here.
If you have questions about jewelry photography for social media using a phone, send me a note here and I'm happy to help.