Talk a walk on the wild side through an Ohio native wildflower prairie with this one of a kind convertible pendant brooch. Foxes are abundant in Ohio, but are seldom seen. These shy and playful creatures keep mice and other small rodents in check. Some gardeners hate them, but I'm glad they visit our little prairie garden.
- The pendant brooch is 2" x 1-1/4" at widest and tallest point.
- The fox is hand sawn, then fourteen layers of glass enamel and fine silver wires are fused onto copper in a kiln.
- The fox is then set in hand fabricated sterling silver with floral rivets.
- The piece is fitted with a heavy stainless steel spring pin. It is best worn in thick fabrics like denim and weaves or to accent handknit and crocheted treasures.
- A custom brooch to pendant converter was made for this piece in sterling silver.
- This listing includes a free leather and sterling silver cord. It also looks great with our Sterling Silver Bead Chain available here.
- Your brooch pendant will arrive in a gift box within 3-5 business days.
We've been testing a small prairie plot behind the barn since 2019. It brings us so much joy watching the flowers and grasses grow and seeing so many birds and other wildlife visiting. I decided to make a little series featuring our prairie garden and forest animals that roamed the woods and meadows of Ohio.
* I've included a photo of the wolf brooch shown on a cowl. The fox is just as sweet!